Using the Pomodoro Technique for better productivity
A basic lesson on the Pomodoro Technique for better productivity from the Trello.com blog. This sounds very simple to try which should increase the probability of it actually working.
The technique itself is deceptively simple. However, its effectiveness is undeniable, as evidenced by the thousands of people around the world who are using it with great success, in a multitude of areas. Individually, within a team, at work, at home, or at school, there are practically endless ways in which the Pomodoro Technique can be applied.
The basic unit of work in the Pomodoro Technique can be split into five simple steps:
1. Choose a task to be accomplished
2. Set a timer to 25 minutes
3. Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
4. Take a 5 minute break (this marks the completion of one “Pomodoro”)
5. Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break