by Peter Wilson | President
The first time someone visits your website, they are not very likely to contact you. In fact, the majority of people who visit a website for the first time don’t bother to contact the business or buy from them. Maybe they are not ready to take the next step by contacting you or maybe they got interrupted by an incoming text message. Chances are, if they left your website, they’ll soon forget about your business. Remarketing ads are a great way to overcome this situation.
What Are Remarketing Ads?
Remarketing ads can give your business a second chance at getting in front of potential customers that visited your website one time by placing your banner ads in front of them after that first visit.
Remarketing ads, also called “retargeting ads,” are the online banner ads that show up on the web AFTER people visit a website. They use a piece of code known as a “cookie” to track the web browsers of people that visit a website.
The two main sellers of remarketing ads are Google and Facebook. Facebook’s version of remarketing ads are called “retargeting ads,” and show ads to people in their Facebook news feed. Google’s remarketing ads are shown to people when they visit websites such as New York Times, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN and any other website that has contracted with Google to show them. Website companies get paid by Google when people click on the remarketing ads.
How Can Remarketing Ads Help Your Business?
Remarketing ads help businesses in several ways:
- Build your brand in the mind of potential customers – Each time a potential customer sees your ads, they’ll think of your business. Even if it’s only at a subconscious level, it will grow your influence in their mind.
- Build your brand with current customers – Many businesses such as auto repair shops, restaurants, personal trainers, HVAC contractors, pet groomers and retail shops rely on repeat customers for ongoing revenues. Showing ads to your existing customers helps lock in their loyalty.
- Advertise new products and services to your customers – When your business introduces new products or services, they can be promoted to your existing customers with remarketing ads since they have most likely visited your website at least once.
- Advertise seasonal specials to your customers – Remarketing ads can be changed as often as a business prefers, so they are a great way to promote seasonal specials and promotions to existing customers.
- Capture new customers when they’re ready to buy – As we mentioned above, people may visit your website but not be ready to contact you or buy. Remarketing ads continue to put your company and offers in front of them so when they are ready to buy, you’re just a click away.
Examples of Remarketing Ads
Here are some examples of remarketing ads we have created for our clients and for ourselves:
We Help Businesses Win Online
If you’re interested in learning more about how remarketing ads can help your business,
book a free consultation with me today.